Selecting pictures can be a lot of work, but it can also be an important part of helping you through your acute grief. It can be very therapeutic to get together with your family, remember good times and sort through pictures.
We need pictures:
- To accompany the obituary on the funeral home website
- To accompany the obituary in any newspapers (if you choose)
- To create a slideshow to be viewed on the funeral home website
- To create a slideshow to be viewed on large flat screen TVs in the funeral home
- To create custom stationery, including in-memoriam cards (cards beside register book)
- Choose a picture that people will recognize to be your loved one
- This picture does not need to be a formal photo, though this is certainly okay
- Consider choosing an informal photo of your loved one (playing golf, at the beach, with a pet, enjoying a favourite hobby, etc.)
- Consider a picture of your loved one in uniform, if applicable (Fire, Police, Military, Service Club, etc.)
- If your favourite picture of your loved one includes someone else in the photo, we are able to crop the picture to make it work.
Funeral Home Slideshow
- Choose up to 100 pictures for the slideshow, though as few as 20 is also okay.
- Try to tell a story with the pictures. Did your loved one enjoy carpentry, travelling, animals, the cottage, snowmobiling, the outdoors, music, gardening, spending time with family? Try to convey that through your choice of pictures.
- Choose pictures from different points throughout your loved one’s life.
- Choose pictures of your loved one on their own and doing their favourite things and also pictures with friends and family members.
- Visitors will appreciate fun and silly photos, so feel free to include photos like this.
- Pictures can be any size, (from 2″ x 2″ up to 11″ x 14″).
- Old black and white photos will show up just as well as colour photos .
Website Slide Show
- We can post all photos from the funeral home slideshow on our website.
- Ensure you are comfortable with each picture that you have chosen to also be posted online.
- We understand that some families are more private than others.
In-Memoriam Card (Cards beside the register book that are available at visitation and the funeral)
- Choose 1-6 photos that can be used for the in-memoriam card
- We have found from past experience that in-memoriam cards that contain more than one photo of your loved one are more regularly saved as keepsakes. People truly appreciate having something they can take home.