Haskett Funeral Homes seeking a licensed funeral director. To learn about us and who we are looking for watch the attached video.
– A desire to take the road less travelled
– The desire to understand where a family is, and what they need; and the desire to help them accomplish this – This is especially important when a family is in need of direction, wants to look outside the box, but doesn’t know how yet, to find a meaningful tribute to their loved one.
– Be prepared to be pushed beyond your comfort zone, and respectfully push your co-workers in the same fashion to ensure that we are providing families value for their hard earned money
– Stand-up for the families you serve (to cemetery boards, ministers, community groups, doctors, and your supervisor (funeral home owner)
– Not creep people out, our profession is strange enough as it is. We are regular people: we say hello in grocery stores, talk with young children, have the odd beer at funeral reception and aren’t afraid to have a sense of humour
– Take pride in your workplace and your team. Our workplace is built around our team. You need to be comfortable with our approach, our offerings, our buildings and our brand… if you’re not, we want you to help us fine tune it! If you have ideas about how we can make our brand better, we want you to share them with us.
– Microsoft Surface PC computer provided
– Full benefits provided, optional dependent benefits available
– Cell phone paid after 6 months
– Paid holidays available
– Opportunity to make additional income if interested in working occasionally on your days off
– The option to switch days, nights, and weekend shifts with other shift funeral director, if agreeable
– Funeral suit paid for
– $500 clothing allowance/year for other clothing
– $600/year for healthy living (gym membership, organized sports, community groups, golf membership)
History and Future:
– HFH is more than 130 years in the making
– For us to survive one more year, decade, or century we must continue to evolve with funeral service and the families we serve
– In order to stay in-tune with the latest trends, it is imperative that we collectively connect with colleagues, attend learning session and conferences, read relevant literature, and continue to educate ourselves
– We have a long history of involvement in associations and committees within our profession, and feel these have been imperative in helping us remain on the cutting edge in funeral service. Our involvement in these groups aides in the betterment of our profession, we encourage you to take an interest, active and/or leadership role when you find the right fit.